Everyone gets angry but you may have anger issues if you are experiencing some of the following:
• Getting angry quickly even over minor issues and then having difficulties calming down
• Unable to explain feelings when upset
• Expressing anger through violence, shouting, spitting, swearing, tantrums
• Don’t seem to care about the feelings of others
• Reckless behaviour
• Prolonged silence and holding in feelings
• Talking, writing or drawing pictures about violence
• Watching or reading about violence
• Bullying or acting aggressively towards others
“The deep breathing exercises they were taught have been very useful and I have seen all the boys use this technique when they felt they needed it.” School Teacher
Tips on how to manage anger:
Instead of resorting to violence or shouting or screaming try and express your anger in words. Maybe use words like: angry, upset, mad, frustrated, agitated, furious, apprehensive, tense, nervous, anxious, irritated, furious, ticked off, irate.
Repeat a simple positive message that you can say to yourself in stressful situations. For example: “Stop and calm down,” “Stay in control,” “I can handle this.”
When you are angry then try and remove yourself from the situation. Sit down if you are standing up or simply walk away.
Teach: “Stop and breathe”
Inhale slowly to a count of five, pause for two counts, and then slowly breathe out the same way, again counting to five. Repeating the sequence creates maximum relaxation and reduces stress that can turn into anger.
(Teach a child to use dragon breaths)
BOOK A FREE ANGER MANAGEMENT SESSION
• ONE TO ONE SESSION IN PERSON, ON PHONE OR SKYPE
• UNDERLYING ISSUES IDENTIFIED!
• TIPS TO HELP YOU DEAL WITH ANGER!*
• 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
*A further 4 to 8 sessions at specially discounted rates may be suggested for maximum benefit
To make a booking for a one-to-one session for yourself or your child